Saturday, April 15, 2006

Oh.....falling back into the nasty habit of not updating... .hee

Well..nthing back happens during these few days that I didn't update, just the normal routine of going work, going gym..chatting with frenzs and hanging out..
Seems like there not much to do.. .. .
Basically found out that many of my frenzs are dissatisfied with their work or life in general. Wonder is this dissatisfaction a product of our education (as we crave for more and more cos we feel that as uni grad, we are entitled to so & so) or society (jobs are not challenging enuff.. .work consumes too much of our time)
I used to feel that a job that would satisfies me the most would be a job that allows me to lend a helping hand to others (haha what cliche..i know). Seriously feel that I would make a difference, but it pretty hard to hold on to that thought in Singapore.
As I work in a non-profit organization, I do dervive satisfaction from helping the less fortunates (hmm.. sounds patronizing...) but I tend to get frustated and unhappy too when the help I rendered are always deem not enough and they are always back for more & more.
Especially considering the efforts put in and the amount of payback received. Yes, we should not be so mercenary in life & that we should look beyond monetary gains, but well..pretty hard to do so in Singapore, isn't it. Comparison is inevitable especially among peers, I saw how well most of them are doing, how much they are getting paid and how fast they are rising, yes we take a different path in life and divergence will defintely occurs but I still could not get over the fact that their pays are so much higher than mine! Hee calls me materialistic but I believe pay is an indicator of how much value you are worth in the work place & society.
That what spurned me on to find another job, one that hopefully I will like and compensations wise, if not up to par, have to be at least almost equal with others that I use as my benchmark.

No comments: