Monday, April 23, 2007

Time to update!!

Been really busy these few days....only able to snatch a few hours of sleep before waking up on ungodly hours (at least in mine opinion!)around 6 plus in the morning!!
Had also been feasting non stop..think it really time that I take stock of what I eat and try to control...well...i defintely do not want to see my waistline expanding ever again except when I pregnant! haha.. .
Recently met up with one good friend who is drowning in her work..sounded so tired and jaded..listening to her..I guess I probably sound the same to others who take the effort to listen to me and encourage. So thanks to all my friends and family who had been faithfully listening to me bitch about my job and gave me lot of encouragements even though I had exhausted their patience with me.
My instructor recently went for a short trip to Bintan..upon hearing that Bintan has jackfruit chips..I told him to help me buy some over there since the chips are selling at a ridiculous price in SG...but alas..he bought 2 packs priced at SG $12 each! oh gosh...it as expensive as SG..in fact even more since he must have bought it at the ferry terminal - the tourist trap! haha..this instructor of mine is super cute lor..haha...and can't help but just adore him for his sweetness :)
I had also at my 1st taste at macarons! ha ha...in SG recently..there had been this craze for this french delicacy known as macaron..different from the US version..French macaron is made using egg white, almond meal and is usually sandwiched together with different types of fillings..whereas the amercian macaroon is made with coconut. I went to canele at Paragon to buy the chocolate macaron..it was ...well okay...haha...think canele had better selection that that..I saw so many cakes there that I am dying to try out but had to restrain myself as I just had lunch at Wisma and is currently trying my darn best to be on a diet! hee hee
Went for training for my volunteer work recently...oh my god....spend one whole day training..and had to travel to woodlands and reach the meeting place at 8am! I stay at the furthest side of east..notorious for being late and never on time..I still manage to reach there barely in time. Ha ha..see what importance I placed on my volunteering! But hai...I feel that the whole matter could and should be organized properly. Went for one comprehensive interview and 2 outings..we were still told that we might not be selected for volunteer work! This is even worst than going for job interviews!!
Though I had to admit I did learn something for my volunteering work....there was this session known as "reflections" whereby we were told to pick up any 1 pictures that are lying around in a room. Later we were given a piece of paper to write down the reason why we choose the pictures and our interpretations of it and what are the emotions involved. After that, we were supposed to turn the picture over..in the reverse page..the same picture is still shown but with its caption there. My picture was a little gal tiptoing on her daddy's feet...It makes me feels that there is trust involved and it should be a joyful and full of sweetness picture..but upon turning over..the caption was "It hurts me to see daddy crying" so basically the little gal was standing on her father's feet and trying to reach his face to stem his tears! My interpretation was totally way off!!! Well I guess this bespoke the kind of character that I had...hee hee I prefer to see the glass half full and believe more in being positive and happy all the time..that is not to say that I do not feel depressed and sad! I do..it just that I feel it senseless to dwell on bad emotions and let it pull me down..and that what i striving to be...stronger and better everyday!!
So let me end this lengthy lengthy post with a poignant caption that I saw at the "reflection" session...it reminds me of my deceased uncle who passed away last year and who I am still missing...

Terminal
We are all taking train trips to a far away place.
And one day, the train will stop at a terminal.
My train will just drop me off earlier than yours....

No comments: