Sunday, May 20, 2007

Oh gosh..time passes really fast...2 mre weeks and we are into June..the mid of the year and we be stepping into the later part of 2007 soon! where have all the time went to...hmmm

Recently went to Lerk (not confused with Jerk..pls haha) Thai for lunch....they having a one for one lunch set at WhiteSands....total damages for 2 ppl...$9.50!!! that ended up with onli $4.50 each.....and one set consists of tom yam soup, papaya salad or veg and main dish accompanied with rice.....so is defintely worth it....hee hee

But here goes my spoils for this week! hee hee

Stencil! not to be confused with art stencil..rather this is for decoration of cake...so you bake your cake..and dust the top with icing sugar or cocoa (depending on the color of ur cake) and you will have this cute pics on your cake!
Another stencil!!! different design..can't wait to try them out!
Qoo!!!!my favourite drink! hee hee I rarely drink flavoured drinks but this is one of my faves...though I had to admit that it partly due to the monster! haha...btw..the stencils and drinks are from Japan though.. :)
My biscotti!! (singular form: Biscotto! hee hee) this is after slicing up and waiting for the second bake :)
Just out of the oven..as you can see....the loaf is not shaped evenly...hee hee have to pardon me as this is the first attempt....or rather 2nd attempt...my second loaf! hee hee...Biscotti is a Italy biscuit...meaning twice baked biscuits....they are traditionally made without butter and are made with almond or/and anise...
Of course with the influence of other cultures and the easy availability of once hard to find ingredients, the traditonally biscuit had other ingredients added into it, such as butter, dried fruits and other kinds of nuts..
Since biscotti are hard, they are usually dunked into coffee to soften up a bit..though I prefer to eat them on their own :)

Also bought 3 really cute cookies cutter from daiso....comes in the shape of a bear, rabbit and love...hee hee they can also double up as a rice shaper! seriously cute..will post pics of it..once I make something with them

1 comment:

agnes said...

me cant wait for more of ur yummo biscotti