Sunday, May 06, 2007

okie..canele's photoz still have to wait as the photoz are located in my company's desktop!

First all ... ...May gonna be really busy...as I have to be committed to my volunteer work..have promised to go Ubin for cycling...to meet up with groups of friends for different birthday celebrations and also for a friend's wedding..I screwed...really screwed..haha how to make time..I just have to conjure some magic out!!

Went Xin Wang to eat this weekend..nothing fantastic...total damage for 7 people...$108!! that freaking expensive for the amount of food we devoured....tsk tsk..totally not worth it as I don't think their food are very good...

Make some baked goods too!!


This is my durian puffs!! hee hee basically the puffs are made of choux pastry, using a technique similar to making roux.. ..the butter are melted into the boiling water and flour are added quickly and cooked..once slightly cooled...eggs are added and mixture is either piped or spooned into prepared baking tray....

Two things to notice: 1. Initally oven temp has to be high to allow steam to develop so that puff can rise and to lower temp later to allow structure to set. 2. I find that it is better to sprinkle some water on the baking tray as the additional steam allow the puff to rise more effectively.



Hee hee those jams are not made by me!!! I was given these few jars of blackberry jams by my sister...was thinking of making some cake or muffins with jam..but thought that since the jams are so nice..might be better to eat it with scones or bread on its own!! Decide to made soda bread as it a very quick bread that does not require rising time since it uses chemical leavener... as the name suggests..it using baking soda to help it to rise.. ...
The verdict: bread was not very tasty but jam was very! haha.. .

2 comments:

agnes said...

make scones girl - taste FANTASTIC with clotted cream n JAM!

Eiliny said...

Will try to do that!!!
bt scones ...haha fattening!!!
I tink i need to start making baked stuffs that are more waist line friendly :)

Eileen