Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Upon reaching my office...my boss asks me whether I want to go to the wake....i was like puzzled and ask him whose wake are we going for? At that point of time..still feeling nonchalence as in my line of work..we are used to death and going for wake or hearing about death is not a uncommon occurence..
But when my boss went on to further elaborate and told me that the wake is for the daughter of one of my nurse..I got a shock..
My nurse is young..probably in her 40s...and her daughter is barely into her 20s. It was a tragedy...and happens really fast...Apparently it happens within a week due to some rare blood disorder. ..
I guess life unpredictable.. ..anything can happen within a instance...and we should start treasuring loved ones and not taken a single second for granted..
Living in Singapore, with family members and friends within rader distance in such small country...we tend to ignore or take for granted the unqiue treasureness of having loved ones so near us and easy accessibility...appointments are flexible and always able to push to the furthest date...dates and meetups are always procrastinated to the last minute..and time with family can always be postphoned for something more interesting. ..
Maybe it time that we reevaluate our life..and allocated more space, time and love to people that we treasured...and not to show in during grand gestures and during government allocated holiday but rather through small, love filled actions and in our everyday life...
I try to do that..but will you??

No comments: