Sunday, July 15, 2007

Finally...gt my precious vanilla beans/pods! hee hee..been waiting for it for a long time...has been in Gary's possession for quite a while until I finally get the chance to retrieve it from him..
One pod is selling at USD $1 and he manage to secure 8 for me :)
Decide to make something with the vanilla pod and check out the pic to to see what I use it for! :)

So..let see.. I have butter, cranberries, walnut and of course the star of the event, Vanilla!
The bottle of vanilla pods. The vanilla pods came packaged in a glass bottle and double sealed for protection. Once I open up the seal..the smell of vanilla pentrates straight into my bloodstream! hee hee...overexaggerate...but it does really smell great. Gary was telling me he will be getting Tahti Vanilla beans but turns out to be Madagascar beans! so basically what the difference other than the obvious different locations that the beans are manfactured from? Well...Tahti has a more floral smell and tend to waft over once it comes into contact with heat..makes it a good property for perfumes but not for baking which render the aroma almost non-existent as it is not high heat resistance. As for Madgascar, it tends to be more well liked by bakers and chefs as the aroma are retained even after cooking.
I make...Vanilla butter cookies with walnut and cranberries! hee hee....Can't see the black specks of vanilla seeds..but it does make the cookies look real pretty
After dusting with icing sugar and putting the cookies into a nice bottle. :)

Tasted my own cookies - 1st without icing sugar dusted on it..could smell the vanilla but taste wise..not really...but a bit bland as I only use 30 grams of icing sugar in the recipe
2nd cookie with icing sugar, taste better! ha ha but could not see the pretty specks of vanilla seeds :)

1 comment:

agnes said...

they were realy yum. as ALL ur bakes :)